Sunday, February 3, 2019

short rare h words


this list continues from
https://thinkforyourselfn8.blogspot.com/2019/02/rare-g-words-short.html
H
h something shaped like the letter h
ha [I. I feel] surprise [sometimes used incorrectly as aha for triumph
had held in possession
hae "hay" to hold in possession
hag an ugly or evil old woman
hah I. I feel surprise
ham the meat of the thigh, v to act with exaggerated speech or gestures [motions that tell
hap to occur by chance [hapless = no luck], to cover > a cover
has to hold in possession
hat a cover for the head
haw the berry of the hawthorn, v you should turn to your left
hay grasses cut and prepared for animals to eat
he the male who is not the one speaking nor the one listening [when the one acting; not there
hem the edge of cloth folded double and stitched together
hen the female of many animals both aquatic and bird, a fussy woman
hep the projecting parts of the lower trunk including the side of the pelvis and its flesh
her something belonging to the girl, the girl
[That is her car. I gave the key to her  
hew to cut by hitting, to shape the form
hex to place a magic spell on, > the spell, the witch
hex aj six sides [That has a hex shape
hey I. [I want you] to listen
hi I. I greet you
hid was concealed
hie to hurry [hying
him 'im' the male neither speaker nor listener [as affected
hin an ancient unit of measure
hip the projecting parts of the lower trunk including the side of the pelvis and its flesh
his something belonging to the boy
hit to forcefully touch, to reach
ho I. notice that [sometimes specified 'land ho
hob mischief or trouble, a tool for cutting
hod a tray with a pole for carrying on the shoulder
hoe a long-handled tool with a thin flat metal part, >v
hog a large pig
hop to move by a jump with one foot
hot having more heat than usual body heat, having a relatively high temperature
how in what way
hoy a certain ship 'a hoy
hub the part at the center of a wheel or other turning thing
hue grade of color
hug to wrap with the arms and pull close
hum to make the sound of an insect flying, to sing while the lips are closed
hup I. you should step
hut a simple and small dwelling or shelter
hyp a deception or something said to promote sales, extreme depression of imagined ills
I
https://thinkforyourselfn8.blogspot.com/2019/02/short-rare-ijk.html
continues

No comments:

Post a Comment