Monday, September 28, 2020

polytheism in genesis

 the argument plural and jjoklit

in time order

intro: this story relates to the sources in book genesis 20:13 and 35:7 where moses the author and jacob and even abraham were explicitly polytheistic in the hebrew bible. so the rabbis had to corrupt the interpretation to hide the fact... instead of editing? or admitting the first monotheist was later... a later author lying that moses was monotheist. or admitting a spelling error that they could fix when publishing... rabid rabbis.

story:

dear diary

i was in a jewish relijis skool as a kid.

one fateful day in the second grade, the rabbi that did not hit me, was teaching.

he would read the hebrew words, in a phrase, first which we must repeat. next he chanted the english translation. [note: this differed from preschool when we also added reading the yiddish german translation too for the tradion of preschool in germany.] the brats chanted what they heard but i, as usual from my first day in preschool was concentrating on blocking the rabbi lesson, as  explained in a different blog entry due to an argument in preschool when i caught two rabbis knowingly spreading false information, info they knew was false yet said it anyway.... 

i was at that time, blocking out the rabbi by thinking of a rocket chasing two rockets between the stars of distant space...

when i student voice grabbed my attention the student named akiva,  a rabbinic name, challenged the rabbi "statues cant do any action" he explained that the idols did not send abraham kuz they are stone they cant send. the rabbi replied that the idols caused abraham to go that is the reasonn it is written plural verb it refers to the statues that caused abraham to leave. the kid only 8 years old was entrapped by the deception but i knew that story... "abraham OBEYED a command to go..." my comment was interrupted by the class laughing as they too recalled the story and that i cad caught the rabbi lying... misusing his teaching pposition to spread false information.

they understood that abraham had not been "grossed out" y idols but had obeyed a command to "go". this rescued akiva from the deception and he said... those fateful words... "THEY sent abraham, that is the plural here" this grabbed my attention to the text... god plural sent him? i searched my page... but the rabbi announced "i am giving extra homework everybody must write the translation of the entire chapter by tmoro as punishment for your rudeness." the class fell for this deception and blamed poor akiva... for the rabbis decision.

the rabbi stopd their shouting at akiva by chanting the next phrase and as the kids chanted i searched for the plural verb and found it "hitu oati". and the memroy stops kuz the day continued same as every boring day...

part 2.

in third grade i was in a second school. i had called a nebbor to convince my parents to move me to his sons school for whatever adult reason he preferd that one... so i could avoid the third grade rabbi who used a wood stick to hit students... 

in the other school jewish academy of bronx, nyc, i was forced to study chapters that i had already... um i  mean my class had already studied in the first skool, jewish institute of bronx. i understood the different pasce inst. studied more chapters in second grade but academy had studied less chapters in second grade so continuing in third they were still studying abraham.

what did i care? i knew not to trust rabid rabbis... so those chapters were repitition for me abraham "praised for willingness to murder"... we thought that was praise... as we were indoctrinated.

he only did nt kill kuz an angel stopd him but he was willing.

many stories about abraham then about jacob... many days. 

one fateful day... the story continues...

i was struggling mentally blocking out the rabbi sounds... when he said in a different tone of voice, " this proves god has a mercy part in addition to a cruel part" he used the jewish slang in hebrew for those parts, but the word "besides" grabbed my attention that sounds like a second god. it reminded me of the second grade argument.

me: also abraham said a plural verb....

rabbi stienfeld: you woke up to join us. the class laffed at me.

me: also abraham said a plural verb...

rabbi: nope. abraham was the first monotheist so he ALWAYS said singular. now yakov jacob was teaching about the two parts of god so he said the name twice "el bes el" because THEY were revealed "niglu".

me: so usualy singular but now plural sounds like many gods.

the class laughed nervously at my heresy.

rabbi: no not two gods two parts of gods.

me: so abraham did not believe in  two parts.

rabbi: i dont like your tone get out...

me: as i sood to obey and leave "we all know you are lying abraham said a plural verb hitu oati" then i ran... and the rest of the day was as ususal.

now this is significant kuz christians claim god is both one and many matching abraham that said a plural verb and a singular verb. but jew rabbis must bend the meaning claiming two parts of god while christians say three parts... are either of these relijins truly monotheistic? in fact the book psalms said that we are the "nation of the gd of abraham" well choosing abraham who used the plural verb hitu oati... modern jews are not follwoing abrahams gods.

and the thrid argument.

one day at recess in fourth grade a kid, named max offered me some of his kitkat kuz i would say mean words to him. "your height proves you have no strength to build your brain" i would tell him often. he usualy ignored me but one day he offered me some kitkat snak it is crispy cardboard covered with chocolate jjoklit.

i said "my parents never give me jjoklit. why would you give me when i say mean things?" max said "kus i see you never have candy" me:"but i am mean to you" 

max: no your not the bully is the one hitting people you only say harmless words here.

that gave e an idea i told my parents that they should let me eat jjoklit like every kid.

mom said it has sugar it is bad for you. me: no its not bad it does not hurt other kids. ma: this is not for discussion me:"at least give me diluted kitkat" babam... that worked. she agreed.

i forgot it was my idea and later complained that my arents only gave me diluted jjolit but recently i remembered that i had asked for it as a compromise.


No comments:

Post a Comment